“My grandfather was a cherry tree” 
 by Angela Nanetti
The story tells of a child, Tonino, who speaks of his life in previous years. He tells about having 4 grandparents, two in the city and two in the countryside. Those who live in the city are named Louis and Antoinette and look like all people of the city ;they have a dog named Floppy to which are very affectionate, perhaps more than his nephew.Tthose who live in the country called Octavian and Teolinda have a goose, Alfonsina and don’t look like to anyone.The Grandpa Octavian is fun, a bit 'crazy, but inclusive and devotes all his time to his nephew Tonino and transmits a great love for nature through the care of the cherry. "Heard a bird, go up without fear, Felice is your friend ... "said the grandfather, when he taught him to climb. It happened that one day, however, the grandmother fell ill and died of heart illness.
Octavian was left alone with Alfonsina ( grandmother ‘s favourite goose) who kept him company, but in fact it seemed that when his grandmother died gave her soul to Alfonsina ... "A person does not die until you stop loving her, as you can’t see the dead person , it means that is transformed, his grandfather said, talking about the theme of death with Tonino. An extraordinary grandfather who was seriously ill with bronchitis to heat with a fire the buds of his cherry ... and struggled with the bureaucracy because they want his land to build a road ...
The Grandpa Ottaviano is the grandfather we all wish, everything he does is done with the head but above all with heart, which finds the words to talk about the values of life with simplicity, courage and transmits love and strength even when he isn’t there anymore as when Tonino, climbs on the cherry ... to save it from those 
who wanted to overthrow it.

... Yes, maybe i am not so little child but when i was reading this stanning book i am feeling myself as a little girl who are going to loose her grandparents. The granfather of  Tonino become my grandfather because my own one was paralyzed. And he filled the void in my child's soul which was formed because of his inability to take part in my life. I was always jealous of other children who  had a grandfather who could make a swing for him, sled him... I often saw the dream in which my grandfather was completely healthy and played with me. My child's mind believed that he would be cured, maybe when I grow up, I'll find a way to cure him. When he died,  I was in the institute. I wept not because his death was a surprise for me or shock. The reason of my weeping was an understanding that my childhood dreams remain as dreams and my childhood was over and it passed without GRANDPA... But now i know if my granfather was in good helth he would  be like as Ottaviano. Also i thought about my father who is the greatest grandfather for my daughter. And i am sure  that he will play the most important role in the life of my baby...I shed so many tears while reading the book.


0 коммент. to "“My grandfather was a cherry tree” "

Отправить комментарий

Followers

Технологии Blogger.